Sunday 24 August 2014

The Party Girl in Me

I love a good party. I do not love hosting one. Not because of the work involved but because I care too much of other people's opinions. I am the insecure party hostess. Will people have fun? Will people want to come back again? 

It really is quite silly. When I go to someone's party I hardly am judging their party hosting skills. And yesterday was MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY PARTY. It had nothing to do with me. But of course I try to make it about me by worrying about what people are thinking about my party skills.

Sigh* Cleo Cat says let it go.


So I did. I decided not to care about the interesting mix of friends. Or the amount of food. Or the quality of the food I made. Or how happy the guests were. Because, frankly, having a good time is a personal choice and not up to how awesome I am anyways. But I am awesome. Just to clarify. And I had a great time. And more importantly, the Birthday Boy had a good time. 

I don't know if anyone else has this party insecurity. But if you do I will tell you that as someone who loves going to get togethers, don't worry about your hosting abilities. People will have a good time and if most are like me are not going to be judging your abilities as a host/hostess. Your biggest critic is probably you and if they are that is on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment